Sunday, March 1, 2015

Recounting February Blessings!

HI All!

A quick update for you for the month of February! (Sorry I am a slacker)

1) Lisa came to Uganda and she was able to visit me at GSF. It was SOO SOO good. I wish I was still with her in Uganda, but I had to leave to go to Kenya. Anyways,  it was nice having my old roommate & close friend here! Seriously. I will be sad to leave her in Africa even though we aren't in the same country. Pray for her ministry in S. Sudan! She's been such a blessing to me, I know, even though it's hard in Nagishot, she will be/is a blessing to the Didinga and the other missionaries there.

Saturday off to tube down the Nile

2) Not sure if I mentioned this...but we got 5 new kids! Sarah. Baby triplets, Kaana, Teopesta, and Victoria and their older brother, Ashiraff. And another baby girl, Patricia! ( I think the MUMPS outbreak in the baby house is finally OVER)! GET YOUR MMR.

Ashiraff

3) Chaperoned a Valentines day dance and movie party for our teens. I guess I didn't chaperone them that well--because 4 of the boys ended up dancing on a table... & I took a picture


4) Took my Sunday School class swimming.  It was my goodbye  to them and also to celebrate their last Sunday School class with me! Lisa helped me chaperone them!



5) Right now I am in Kenya. Long story short, but I found out my work visa expired the last week of February. After much prayer and confusion and sleepless nights (i was torn whether to leave now instead of renewing my visa), I decided I wanted to stay a little longer in Uganda to help out at  GSF (as of right now, there are no other missionary nurses who will be at GSF to take over). Soooo instead of heading home to the U.S. last week/this week, I am in Kenya. This was our best option in order for me to go back into Uganda and stay an extra two weeks. So I'll be checking out Kijabe hospital (a non profit hospital founded by missionaries) while I am here. It will be interesting to see the difference between government hospital in Uganda and here!
Kijabe -RVA missionary school




BYE!


3 comments:

  1. So awesome that God provided a way for you to be in Kenya so you can go back to uganda for a few weeks longer. I still can't believe that it's been a year already! Blessings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always love your updates, kim! what a blessing that you can still serve there a little longer in kenya! miss you and praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. You look like you're doing great. I'll be praying for a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete