1. I am so thankful for the encouragement & support from friends and family back home! Thank you so much for the emails, pictures, cards, and care packages!
|It says "Attention Beaware of Hot Dog|
|Eseza and Viola|
2. I am so thankful for each one of the kids at GSF (MKs and GSF kids). They are so very special to me and I can honestly say, I really love each one of them! I’m going to really miss them all. The hardest part of ending this year was leaving these kids.
|Some of the toddlers|
3. I am so thankful for the GSF missionaries. I thank them for inviting me to meals, for throwing me a surprise birthday party, for calling me when spotting a hyrax (my dream!), for helping me catch rats and bats in my house, for driving me places, for being my friend, and for their servant’s heart and ministry here in Uganda, at GSF.
|Nurse Ruth & I|
|Some of our girls|
|Pius, Paul, & Niko|
5. I am so thankful to be surrounded by God’s beautiful creation here in Uganda. Pictures don’t do justice
6. I am so thankful for those days when I am so discouraged yet God provides me with pockets of grace through people here at GSF.
Like the kids teasing me and saying my name with a lisp (even though I don’t think they know what a lisp is). A boy telling me, “Nurse Kim, it’s snowing!” (even though it was just fog). One of them scaring me for no reason. One of them showing me how the farmers hang dead monkeys on the trees to use as a scarecrow. Ones that randomly run up to me and hug me. Ones that randomly pray for me, “apart, together, Father God, we thank you for Nurse Kim.” Those moments are such a blessing to me.
|Caralina and Kenny|
8. I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to teach Sunday School. I seriously loved my Sunday School class and man, it was such a learning experience. I am thankful for their grace.
9. I am so thankful for the opportunities I was able to take little breaks—whether to visit other ministries or to travel. They were much needed.
11. I am so thankful for all the people I’ve met throughout this missions process/year. I am glad I had opportunities to meet so many people from all over the world! It’s really cool hearing people’s stories and seeing what God’s doing in their life.
|older MK girls|
12. I am so thankful that I was here during an Ebola outbreak (even though we were FAR FAR away from the outbreak!). It gave me a new perspective.
13. I am so thankful for seeing the need of solid teaching and discipleship here in Uganda. It’s MUCH needed. I am thankful for those who are doing that here.
15. I am so thankful that I was able to experience a lot of “firsts” with some of the kids. Like ice cream, cold water, elevator rides, KFC (yup, they have KFC here now!), boda rides, bubbles, balloons, etc!
16. I am so thankful to witness some changes in some of the children’s lives.
From looking a bit more healthier and chubbier to hearts softening and attitudes changing.
17. I am so thankful that being at GSF has given me a clearer picture
of orphans, adoption, and the Gospel.